Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments of Bad breath
Introduction: What is Halitosis?
Nearly 1 in 4 people worldwide suffer from this condition which causes bad breath and other symptoms. According to John Hopkins, this is an oral condition that causes very strong-smelling breath, like onions. The first step towards treating this condition is determining the causes of the bad breath. You could assess your lifestyle or visit your nearest dental clinic. Medical professionals will help you with this by carrying out tests.
What are the causes?
There could be many causes of bad breath, and the number one cause can be found in your lifestyle choices.
- Food habits – Certain foods can cause bad breath if you do not maintain good oral hygiene. Your bloodstream quickly absorbs onions and garlic. If left in your teeth, the foods can lead to the breeding of bacteria, which will affect your taste and lead to bad breath.
- Bad habits – tobacco and smoking are also leading causes of many diseases and bad breath. Regular consumption of these items leads to decay and staining, which will also put your body at risk. These items also cause bad breath and digestive issues.
- Improper cleaning – The practitioners at your nearest dental clinic will tell you that having bad breath could be due to how you maintain your oral hygiene. You should brush your teeth regularly and also clean your teeth with a dental professional at least once in 6 months.
- Health conditions – Certain other health conditions can also lead to bad breath. These may include but are not limited to respiratory infections, digestive issues, diabetes, liver issues, etc.
- Bacteria – The formation of bacteria on the tongue and dry mouth are also conditions that cause bad breath. Xerostomia, also known as dry mouth, is one of the main symptoms of halitosis. This occurs when a lack of saliva is produced, which could occur due to certain types of medications.
If you feel that you cannot check your lousy breath, search for the best dental clinic near me to get a diagnosis.
Treatment of Bad breath
If you have bad breath all the time, you suffer from a chronic condition and gum disease. Schedule an appointment with your nearest dental clinic.
The treatment is based on the cause of the bad breath, and in most cases, it can be corrected by providing a proper oral hygiene routine involving some medications as well.
Prevention of this condition is the best solution, and here are some tips:
- It’s essential to brush your teeth twice daily and for two minutes each, and always remember to floss right after. You must also use a medically recommended scraper to clean your tongue for thrush. Some items may be too sharp and can lead to a lot of infection on your tongue.
- Using mouthwash which is antibacterial recommended by our dentist. Use it twice daily, especially after you have a meal.
- Make sure you have appointments with your dental hygienist once in six months. Get your teeth cleaned and remove all the stains. Make frequent visits to a dental hygienist according to your conditions and your doctor’s recommendation.
- The best method to treat any problem is to drink lots of water. This will not only save your tooth from any decay but also boost your health.
- Stop drinking, smoking, or consuming tobacco. These things not only kill but also destroy your healthy gums and two leading to severe health conditions.
Search for the best dental clinic near me and make an appointment with your doctor to treat bad breath. We understand that bad breath can reduce your confidence and ability to make long-term relationships and friends. It can socially isolate you from a group of people, and you might suffer depression. Let us help you today and make an appointment with the clinic as soon as possible.