5 Ways to Prevent Plaque: Importance of Half-yearly Dental Checkups
Going to the dentist can be extremely cumbersome, given the feeling of anxiety and the knowledge that it might be painful. However, the advancement of technology in the medical profession has decreased the pain aspect of any kind of dental treatment. Individuals of different ages need to visit a dental hygienist every six months to remove plaque formation. Plaque forms when bacteria in your mouth start mixing with sugar or starchy food such as milk or bread. This bacteria then releases a kind of acid that breaks down the carbohydrates in any food or drinks you consume. The formation of this in your teeth can result in many complications. Therefore, it is recommended that you visit your dentist in Gurgaon every six months.
Remove plaque by going to the best dentist in Gurgaon
While the cavities are forming in your mouth, it is in scarce locations that you understand what is happening until you feel a sharp pain as a warning sign. The pain comes once the damage has already been done, and you need to visit the dentist to remove the cavities. Getting treatments every six months from the best dentist in Gurgaon is advised to avoid such instances. The symptoms of plaque occur when you do not brush or floss regularly, which results in the formation of tartar that is difficult to remove. This leads to increased cavities in your mouth, gingivitis, gum infections, tooth decay, tooth loss, and other infections.
Regular checkups and other dental x-rays diagnose plaque. The doctors insist that you maintain oral hygiene by flossing and brushing daily. After the diagnosis, doctors recommend dental sealants to reduce cavity formation. On most occasions, the doctors will also continue to remove by scraping off the plaque and tartar from the mouth.
Prevention of Plaque
Best to prevent plaque formation for increasing the chances of long and healthy tooth life. Here are 5 ways you can prevent plaque formation:
- Brush & Floss – It is crucial to brush and floss daily to get rid of any food that might be stuck between your teeth. Most research studies have shown how brushing and flossing can remove plaque formation in your teeth. You must brush twice daily and use soft bristles with fluoride toothpaste.
- Sugarless gum – Doctors recommend you choose sugarless gum if you cannot brush right after eating or drinking. This helps to reduce the formation of bacteria in your mouth by neutralizing the pH and stimulating salivary flow.
- Eat healthy – Visit your dentist in Gurgaon and ask them how to change your diet to improve teeth health. Eat healthy foods as much as possible and reduce sugary and starchy drinks and food. Maintain a nutrition level in your diet and avoid snacks high in calories.
- Teeth cleaning – Visit your dentist in Gurgaon every 6 months for regular checkups and teeth cleaning. Cleaning your teeth is essential to remove stains or bacterial formations. Sometimes food can be stuck in every corner of your teeth, forming cavities and other diseases. Diagnose and prevent the problem to increase tooth health.
- Mouthwash – Last, use alcohol-free mouthwash, which can be bought over the counter to remove bacteria after eating food. This is the easiest way to maintain good oral hygiene.
The best dentist in Gurgaon is just minutes away. All you need to do is call, make an appointment, and provide your dental history. Make sure you visit them every six months so that a detailed report of your health is in the records that, make the diagnosis effective. Because plaque leads to cavities, tooth loss, and infections leading to severe health issues, regular dental checkups are recommended to maintain a good quality of life.