The 5 Most Popular Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Cosmetic dental treatment is becoming increasingly popular to enhance your smile and overall facial appearance. Aesthetic dental procedures are no longer restricted to celebrities and the demand has grown tremendously owing to the ” Selfie culture “. Whether you are clicking pictures or giving presentations, a bright and lustrous smile is bound to boost your confidence. Over the years, cosmetic dentistry has become predictable, durable, and affordable increasing its accessibility amidst the masses. With 3D scanning of teeth, smile designing software and improvement in material sciences, cosmetic dentists are able to mimic natural smile and provide a seamless experience!
Let us look at the 5 most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures:
- Teeth Whitening: A whiter smile gives instant gratification and is one of the most common dental cosmetic treatment. While over the counter whitening strips or gels are readily available, they are not very effective due to lower concentration of bleaching agents. If used incorrectly, they can also harm your gums or other soft tissue. It is always advised to get teeth whitening done in the dental clinic because we use safe and effective agents to brighten your smile by 8-10 shades within few minutes. We can also help you with custom fit maintenance trays to continue your treatment at home to prolong the whitening results.
- Composite Bonding: For minor corrections like chipping, tooth decay, deep staining, fluorosis, gaps in teeth or midline diastema, we can resort to white coloured composite fillings. They are available in various shades and can be colour matched to blend with your natural teeth. Composite bonding is the safest, quickest and cheapest way to transform your smile chairside in a single appointment.
- Porcelain Veneers: Veneers are the secret behind the “Hollywood smile” that you often see flashing on billboards or magazine covers. They are lightweight, thin, translucent covering which are cemented only on the front side of teeth. Veneers are usually done on the front upper and lower 6-8 teeth which are visible while you smile. This is the most recommended cosmetic dental treatment for stubborn teeth stains, uneven teeth, spacing or crowding of teeth, chips, cracks etc. The whole treatment can be completed within 7-10 days and usually result in life changing transformation. This is the ultimate “Quick fix” of your smile and extremely popular among brides and grooms.
- Dental Implant: Missing teeth not just change your appearance but also impact your speech and chewing efficiency. Any tooth loss will lead to a black/dark area in the smile hampering your self-esteem. Moreover, space created by the lost tooth gradually result in shifting of neighbouring teeth hampering the bite on the affected side. The best replacement of a missing tooth is dental implant because it replaces both tooth root and crown portion. The biocompatible titanium implant is integrated within the bone which supports the tooth cap/crown on top. The best advantage is that the surrounding natural teeth are not harmed in any way. With proper maintenance and frequent dental check-up, dental implants can easily last for decades.
- Invisible Braces : If you are tired of your crooked teeth or wish to change teeth alignment naturally without any dental restoration, clear aligners are the perfect solution. There is a common misconception that braces are the only solution to shift the position of teeth and it can be done only in childhood. With the current technology of clear aligners, we use transparent plastic customised trays which are worn for 20-22 hours a day to transform your smile. This is the most inconspicuous way of fixing your smile and does not warrant frequent dental visits.
Do not procrastinate your smile makeover journey and get in touch with us for more details. Specialists at Dental Panache, best cosmetic dental clinic in Gurgaon, have been serving soulful smiles to their patients using advanced technology and technical support. We provide minimum 5 year warranty on our crowns and veneer and believe in constant follow up to help you maintain your healthy smile.