More than 50% of People in India Receive Consultation From a Non-certified Dentist
In India, more than 50% of people take advice regarding their health from non-medical individuals. The chemist often treats the person with defective oral health or provides medicines without consulting a doctor. Maintaining good oral health is crucial to living a happy and risk-free life. It is advised that people visit the nearest dental clinic to get a proper diagnosis. Misdiagnosis can cause adverse health effects and lead to dangerous and life-threatening complications.
Dental Public Health in India
Visiting the nearest dental clinic will have several benefits concerning your overall health. The last few decades have shown a reduction in the importance of oral health issues, which are a burden for developing countries. There is a high prevalence of oral diseases in India, especially among children. According to research, 50% of dental conditions can be found in five-year-old children, while 84.7% pertain to ages 35 to 44. Increasing dental problems lead to orofacial pain and even loss of senses, restricting food intake and creating other social functioning issues. In India, the primary function of public health dentistry is to understand the determinants of oral health and make the public aware of the pitfalls of visiting a non-medical staff. In such a case, it is recommended that all visit the nearest dental clinic with certified medical professionals who can provide a diagnosis based on their conditions.
What Happens if You Take Advice From a Non-medical Person?
In a developing country, problems with low literacy can lead people to visit their chemists to get medicines or take advice regarding a disease. This can be dangerous if your condition is related to another complication that cannot be detected by somebody who needs proper training.
- Medication error – This is when a pharmacist/chemist causes harm to a patient due to misdiagnosis. If the medication is unsuitable for the condition, it can harm the person’s health. Your body can also have an allergic reaction to the medicine, leading to many complications.
- Detection and diagnosis – Sometimes, just taking medicine might not solve the problem, and you will need to visit the doctor. Not taking these precautions and not visiting your nearest dental clinic might prolong or ignore a severe oral health condition.
- Privacy – One of the big pitfalls of visiting your chemist instead of a doctor is that your privacy is compromised. You will be asked several personal questions in front of other people. You might have to divulge any personal details which you might be embarrassed about.
- Treatment options – You will not get many services and treatment options provided by some of the best dental clinics in India.
Where to Find the Best Dental Clinic Near Me?
It is always a good question to ask which is the best dental clinic near me. The trick is to research the different aspects provided by dental clinics.
- Referrals – Dental clinics in every right neighborhood will have many patients who come via reference. If you have a neighbor who is referring a clinic to you, then do not hesitate but take the advice.
- Credentials – Look up the dental clinic’s website, check the doctor’s certification, and understand the qualifications. This helps to gain confidence in the dental clinic.
- Services – Getting all your issues sorted in one place is essential and reduces work and time. Check the services provided and understand whether they will be helpful regarding your condition and help you save time.
- Communicate – Call the best dental clinic near me and ask them any questions you might have regarding their service or doctors.
Good oral health is very important to leading a healthy and worry-free life. Let us avoid going to a chemist for advice regarding medical problems. Get in touch with your nearest dental clinic and make an appointment with your doctor. This helps stop the spread of infection and disease.