How oil pulling can help keep your oral health and immunity in check?
This is the time of the COVID-19 pandemic. You should take care of your immune system by following some simple and effective ways at home. One of the most effective and ancient ways to make your immune system strong is by using the power of Ayurveda. Oil Pulling is a magic trick that can help keep your teeth whiter and healthier and keep your immunity in check. You can begin by swishing a spoonful of coconut oil in your mouth.
What types of oils should be used in oil pulling?
For oil pulling, any kind of vegetable oil can be used. However, liquefied coconut oil can be used for different reasons. It tastes better and contains many health benefits as well. It contains lauric acid that breaks through the fatty layer of bacteria and kills them. It also has traces of vitamin K, which helps to create proteins that promote healthy bones and prevent blood clots. All in all, coconut oil is the best when it comes to your overall health.
But how oil pulling can help you?
While swishing oil in your mouth helps get rid of bacteria easily. Oil pulling can also help in boosting immunity. So, while at home, you can follow this magical trick easily. Other great benefits of oil pulling are:
Benefits of oil pulling:
- It can help kill bacteria
- Could reduce bad breath
- Prevents cavities
- Reduces inflammation and improve gum health
- Cost-effective to add to your routine
How to do oil pulling?
- Make sure to start oil pulling on an empty stomach in the morning.
- You can start by taking one tablespoon of coconut oil in the mouth. Swish it around for 3-5 minutes.
- After 3-5 minutes, you must discard the oil by spitting it out. Do not swallow the oil to avoid ingesting the toxins with it.
- At last, you can rinse your mouth with warm water and brush your teeth as usual.
- You can repeat this procedure 3-4 times weekly
It is an effective method to keep oral health problems at bay. But it is also important to follow your routine of brushing, flossing, cleanings, and consulting your dentist. While fighting against Coronavirus, it is beneficial to stick to a home remedy that is effective and reasonable too. While taking external procedures such as hand washing and sanitizing, you can introduce oil pulling to your routine as well.